As we celebrate Women’s History Month. We have been overwhelmed, overpowered and overburden with racism, sexism, and socialism. These events have caused us to look at ourselves as well as those around us to reveal one valuable lesson and that is to value each other.
In John 13:34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
In other words, value each other. Value means consider (someone or something) to be important or beneficial. Valuing each other teaches us how to respect, appreciate and cherish one another as women. It teaches us that we should not take each other for granted and treat each other like a commodity but a vessel of honor that is used by God. It, also, teaches us to live in the moment because tomorrow is not promise. What do I mean by Valuing one another?
1. Spend time with one another: Spending time with one another is one of the best ways to create memorable moments. It cost you very little, but the reward is great. Simply put “it’s not what you do, it’s who you do it with”.
2. Listen to one another: Good listening helps you connect to the people around you. When we listen, we go beyond simply hearing by giving our attention to what is being said, that is to say, “listening is as powerful as loving.”
3. Care for one another: When we care for others, we are looking out for their overall well-being. Showing concern and kindness for others requires that fruit of the spirit that Paul talks about in Galatians 5:22-23 that is when we take care of one another, God will take care of us.
4. Encourage one another: I Thessalonians 5:11. “Therefore, encourage each other and strengthen one another as you are doing”. Support and motivate each to do more and be better. Be examples by showing love and kindness to draw each other closer to Christ.
How is that possible in this ever-changing world? Well, I suggest to you I Corinthians 13:4-7, which talks about several ways to display that love…
· Never give up on one another
· Always trust God in the process
· Always look for the best in each other
· Never look back on the past
· Value one another
Share how you value the women in your life? What are some of the things you do to support and motivate the young women in your family to never give up, trust God, look for the best in others and never look back?